Sunday 18 May 2014

EXHIBITING @ NOMA MANCHESTER


GETTING PLACE READY, PUTTING UP WORK AND CHANGES 

Getting Place Ready

 This was the building where the exhibition was held known as the New Century Hall. The first year Fine Art, Film and Photography students were given the 3rd floor to put their work up in.



When we got there, as a group we decided where our work was going to go and began putting our work up. 



Putting Up Work


I am getting my work ready to be put up. I put double sided sticky thick foam on to the frame. I put a lot of them on as shown above because I needed it to be firm and strong enough to hold it.




After I had put the foam pieces on I stuck it on the board where my work was to be placed. 




Where my work was put up. Under my work was work by Samantha Evans. 


CHANGES

I had to make some changes to the presentation of my work. On the day of the exhibition I found out that my frame had fallen and broke. So I had to go back and put it back up. With the help of our tutor I had put it back up in time and also added my statement next to it. This design was chosen by the group, we all liked the idea of printing statements and names on acetate. These were printed by Emily Buckley-Jones.




The borders were taped of with brown tape to maintain neat edges.


After all the hurdles and stressful days of planning, the exhibition went really well and was appreciated by many people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment