Saturday 14 March 2015

UNIT X - 2015


WORKING WITH A SCHOOL

Although I had done Unit X in the first year of university as the final major project this year, I have chosen to once again do Unit X. However, this time there is a big difference in this unit than last year, it doesn't only consist of workng in a group and making a final product for an exhibition.
This year Unit X is more broad in what it offers. This time we had been given choices to work with different organisations to gain experience in different art sectors.

I have chosen to work with schools and look closely at working with children in secondary level as this is what I want to do in the future. 

The school that I have been placed in (along with the Unit X group) is called Darwen Aldridge Community Academy (DACA) in Darwen. We will be working with the teachers and students over a period of 2 weeks and then delivering a workshop to a class that will be chosen. 

(Image above)  Darwen Aldridge Community Academy (DACA)

In this unit I will be getting involved in many activities and workshops within and out of the school. These activities will help me in raising my confidence levels and gaining team working skills which will help me in the future as I plan on becoming a teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment